One Team Gov
UK policymakers, service designers, digital professionals and cross-sector experts to talk openly and creatively about making government in the UK more effective by working together.
Some handy info:
- Oneteamgov site, @oneteamgov, #oneteamgov
- What is One Team Government by Kit Collingwood
- Paul Maltby talked about it on Medium
I just made it in time to hear the pitches for sessions (if you haven’t experienced an unconference, let Clare Moriarty extol the joys ). Unlike some, I relish the student union bar feel as a relief from the passive experience of most conferences.
— Christian Storstein (@crunchity) June 29, 2017
Finding the ones you want to attend is hard, but luckily scribes were on hand to feedback from all the other sessions http://bit.ly/oneteamgov as they happen (which is handy if you are intending to skip out from one and head along to another).
The sessions I went along to:
- hearing about the do’s and don’t’s of service design
- how to work collaboratively across the virtual and physical barriers of government departments
- the real struggles and challenges policymakers face
- helping Paul Maltby put some flesh on the bones of his prototype manifesto.
Some pics from the day:
I would like to have seen more policymakers there to balance out the amount of digital and service design types. And one of the drawbacks of open, collaborative ways of working mean that your teammates can find photos of you on Twitter using #oneteamgov and rib you mercilessly on Slack in real time.
I have signed up to join the #oneteamgov community, and encourage other like-minded gov and public sector colleagues to do the same.
— One Team Gov (@OneTeamGov) July 7, 2017
Like Sarah, I think we should try and organise a #oneteamgov session in Scotland.