Poverty & Social Inclusion Update
Only 3 weeks remaining to submit Social Innovation Fund Stage 1 and 2 applications. The electronic application submissions must be received by 5pm on Friday 21 July to ApplicationsGrowingtheSocialEconomy@gov.scot.
- Keep the project title brief and meaningful.
- Read the application guidance to understand the fund criteria and cost model requirements.
- Insert match funding that you have received specifically for project activity.
- Ask a colleague who doesn’t know your project to read over your application form so the purpose, activity, outputs and partnership roles are clear.
- For points of clarification email InfoGrowingtheSocialEconomy@gov.scot prior to submission, don’t leave it until deadline day.
Our successful Round 1 applicants are keeping us up to date with their progress and we are finalising the Social Economy Growth Fund applications. We will provide an update of approved projects in our next blog.
On 14 June we participated in a social innovation workshop for the third sector at Abertay University in Dundee. Thank you to Lorna Edwards for inviting us. The event showcased many of the exciting social innovations that are being developed by Abertay students, and was well attended by third sector colleagues. We were delighted to have the opportunity to promote the Social Innovation Fund, and hopefully encourage people to apply.
We also note that Scotland’s annual awards for achievement in social enterprise are open for entries. Social Enterprise Scotland is calling on all social enterprises to step up and demonstrate how they’re helping people or the environment – gaining real recognition for their many achievements.
The deadline for award applications is Monday 10 July 2017. All information including categories, eligibility and how to apply is available at socialenterpriseawards.scot.