Vacancy – Second Engineering Officer (Closing date 8 June)
We are currently seeking applications for Second Engineers holding a Class One (Motor) Certificate of Competency to serve aboard Marine Scotland’s vessels. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
Marine Scotland operate three Patrol vessels and two Research vessels owned by the Scottish Government. The vessels carry out Fishery Protection and Fisheries Research duties in the waters around Scotland.
1. Class 1 (Motor) Unlimited Certificate
2. Certificated in all respects to meet the requirements of STCW95.
3. Up to date knowledge of marine industry.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. Be able to demonstrate a competent level of computer skills
1. Knowledge of diesel electric propulsion systems
For further information on this vacancy please download and review the “Person Specification and Further Information for Job Applicants” which you will find below. To apply, you must fully complete and submit an online application via this website before the closing date. To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Caroline Hutton on 0131 244 4194 or via email@example.com.
This post attracts a £2000 per annum pro rata supplement. Pay supplements are temporary payments designed to address recruitment and retention issues caused by market pressures and are subject to regular review.