Vacancy – Seaman 1A (closing date 26 February 2018)
We are currently seeking applications for a Seaman 1A within Marine Scotland based on board our Marine Protection and Marine Research Vessels. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
As a minimum, candidates must hold an Efficient Deck Hand Certificate and associated STCW (as amended) certification. Ideally candidates will hold an able seaman’s certificate and or fishing qualifications. Other qualifications equivalent to these may also be acceptable, if you are in any doubt please contact the Resourcing Officer named at the end of this advert to discuss.
1. Candidates must be an experienced bridge watch keeper, aware of required duties.
2. Successful applicants must be confident in all aspects of deck maintenance and aware of the safe working practices required.
3. Have experience and can describe how to conduct a night gangway watch, explaining the statutory standard.
For further information on this vacancy please download and review the “Person Specification and Further Information for Job Applicants” which you will find below. To apply, you must fully complete and submit an online application via this website before the closing date.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Caroline Hutton or be reached at or 0131 244 4194.
If you experience any difficulties accessing our website or completing the online application form, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0131 244 5175 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Person Specification and Further Information for Job Applicants
- Apply for this job
- Marine Scotland Compliance