Vacancy: Motorman 1, closing date 30 July
We are currently seeking applications for a Motorman within Marine Scotland based on board one of our Marine Patrol or Marine Research Vessels. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
The Marine Patrol Vessels are Minna, Jura and Hirta. These vessels carry out patrols which normally last 21 days. The Research Vessels are Alba Na Mara and Scotia. Research cruises vary in length but generally are no more than 22 days. All vessels are double manned, and the work pattern is normally trip on/trip off basis.
- Engine Room Watch Rating Certificate of Competency
- All STCW qualifications
- Valid ENG 1 (Unrestricted)
- Security Duties Certificate
Please note: If you fail to demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, your application will be sifted out.
- Experience in maintaining a high level of cleanliness in the engine room and external compartments.
- Familiarity with all engine room machinery and the daily checks required to maintain them in a safe and serviceable condition.
- Experience of working within a close knit engineering team, assisting with engineering tasks as required to ensure safe and efficient running of the engine room.
- Experience with assisting in bunkering fuel and lube oils, demonstrating an appreciation of the lSM system and appropriate anti pollution measures.
For further information on this vacancy please download and review the “Person Specification and Further Information for Job Applicants” which you will find below. To apply, you must fully complete and submit an online application via this website before the closing date. To learn more about this opportunity, Jim Cahill on 0131 244 3319 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience any difficulties accessing our website or completing the online application form, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0131 244 8500 or via email@example.com.
Further Information for this Job: