Vacancy: Fishery Officer (closing date – 20 August 2019)
We are currently seeking applications for Fishery Officers within Marine Scotland Compliance, based at various coastal locations in Scotland. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the B1 pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the criteria below will be invited to the interview.
- Be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the Scottish fishing industry, such as how the Scottish fleet is structured, Scotland’s key fisheries, how they are regulated and the key challenges that they are currently facing.
- Have excellent organisational skills to manage a varied workload and to meet targets in a flexible manner so to progress tasks with minimal supervision.
- Show an ability to communicate effectively to colleagues and to a wide range of stakeholders
The post can involve significant office based administration work and use of a broad range of IT applications, including Microsoft word, excel and outlook in addition to some bespoke IT applications.
In addition, due to the remote locations of landing ports a considerable amount of driving is involved therefore a full valid driving licence that enables the candidate to drive in the UK is required. However, the Scottish Government will consider proposals put forward by the applicant to carry out the duties by other means.
Applicants should note that this role includes carrying out visits to various types of establishments in all weather conditions. a willingness to carry out these visits is a pre-requisite for the posts.
- Read the full job advert
- Person Specification and Further Infomation for Applicants
- Read more about being a fishery officer