Vacancy: Mechanical Engineer, closing date 16 September
We are currently seeking applications for a Mechanical Engineer within the Directorate for Marine Scotland based in Aberdeen. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
The Engineering Group would like to employ a B1 Mechanical Engineer in a business critical service area of Marine Scotland Science. This will allow us to continue to deliver the group’s objectives and the support provided to MSS in areas of work including:
- Management of Marine Protected Area conservation objectives;
- Fulfil our EU Marine Strategy Framework Directive requirements for Descriptors 1 and 6;
- Renewables installation and interaction with the marine environment;
- Commercial fish stock assessments; and
- Consequences of oil and gas infrastructure decommissioning.
Candidates must hold a Mechanical Engineering qualification or equivalent.
Other qualifications equivalent to these may also be acceptable, if you are in any doubt please contact to discuss.
Please note: If you fail to demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, your application will be automatically sifted out.
- Proven, practical, time-served workshop experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Candidates should have proven experience in working effectively within a team of mechanical engineers, with the capacity to work independently in the workshop if required
- Demonstrate familiarity with all aspects of a Mechanical Engineering facility, including use of machine tools, welding, fabrication and basic materials technology.
- Effective communication at all levels
For further information on this vacancy please download and review the “Person Specification and Further Information for Job Applicants” which you will find below. To apply, you must fully complete and submit an online application via this website before the closing date. To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Neil Collie who can be reached at email@example.com or 0131 244 3669 or Brian Ritchie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 244 2866.
If you experience any difficulties accessing our website or completing the online application form, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0131 244 5739 or via email@example.com.