Vacancies: Two Seaman 1A, closing date 29 October 2019
We are currently seeking applications for a Seaman 1A within Marine Scotland which is based in Victoria Quay. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
There are currently 2 permanent vacancies available for the post of Seaman 1A based on board our vessels. The posts are primarily based on our Research Vessels MRV Alba Na Mara and MRV Scotia, although it is expected that the successful candidate will also be prepared to work on the protection vessels if required. MRV Alba Na Mara and MRV Scotia are 27 metres and 69 metres in length respectively. Research cruises vary in length, but generally are no more than 22 days.
The Marine Protection Vessels are Minna, Jura and Hirta. Minna is 47 metres in length and both Jura and Hirta are 84 metres in length. These vessels carry out patrols which normally last 21 days.
All vessels work double manning allowing for trip on/trip off rostering.
- Able Seaman and/or Efficient Deck Hand Certificate
- Navigational Watch Rating Certificate
- All relevant STCW certification including Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
- Valid ENG 1 (Unrestricted)
- Fishing industry experience including net mending.
- Confidence in all aspects of deck maintenance and awareness of the safe working practices required.
- Fast rescue craft and/or RIB handling experience.
- Experience of operating davits, winches and cranes.
For further information on this vacancy please download and review the “Person Specification and Further Information for Job Applicants” which you will find below. To apply, you must fully complete and submit an online application via this website before the closing date. To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Mari-Anne Valli who can be reached at Mari-Anne.Valli@gov.scot or 0131 244 6073.
If you experience any difficulties accessing our website or completing the online application form, please contact Emma Crawford on 0131 244 5656 or via email email@example.com.