Vacancy – Administration Assistant (MA) – closing date 10 December 2019
Employment Type: Modern Apprenticeship
The recruitment of Modern Apprentices is a fair, open and merit based process (16+) and with permanence from the start of the apprenticeship. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the interview.
Marine Scotland’s Licensing Operations Team (MS-LOT) administers a range of statutory responsibilities including determining highly technical applications for multi-million pound developments and infrastructure projects. The regulatory regime ensures that those responsible for activities in Scottish waters consider their environmental impacts and interference with other legitimate users of the sea.
The post holder will initially provide administrative support within the Business and Operational Delivery Section of MS-LOT. Through on the job training the role will be developed to provide administrative support across the Team.
• Preparation of documents for release where requested under freedom of information legislation, often to tight deadlines.
• Monitoring the Business and Operational Delivery Section Mailbox, relaying messages to appropriate staff.
• Maintaining and updating electronic files, including data input.
• Planning meetings, including booking rooms, the preparation and circulation of documentation and note taking.
• Plan and book travel and accommodation.
• Other duties as directed by senior staff.
Throughout the first 12 months the candidate will be expected to gain a relevant SVQ qualification in Business Administration. Support will be provided by a qualified assessor who will work with the successful candidate on a monthly basis. Time will be given to work on your qualification, this includes delivering 2 presentations.
Please read each of the essential criteria and think about a time or an example that can help demonstrate your knowledge/skills.
1. Good communication skills, both oral and written.
2. Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and plan workload, and meet deadlines.
3. Good IT based skills and the ability to use Microsoft packages such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
4. Accurate and thorough approach with close attention to detail.
For further information on this vacancy please download and review the “Person Specification and Further Information for Job Applicants” which you will find below. To apply, please complete the online application form. To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Kate Webb who can be reached on 01312444377 or Kate.Webb@gov.scot.
Provisional Sift and Interview Dates:
Sift – 11 December 2019
Interviews – 9 January 2020
If you experience any difficulties accessing our website or completing the online application form, please contact the Resourcing Team via firstname.lastname@example.org.