Public Procurement and Property
Procurement Journey update
A national survey and a user testing exercise was completed in early 2019 with a view to identifying areas of the Procurement Journey that could be improved. The survey ran from 1 March 2019 and closed on 22 March 2019, receiving 360 responses.
The survey found that although 86% of respondents said the Procurement Journey guidance meets their current needs, a number of areas for improvement were identified.
Room for improvement
Areas identified for improvement include:
- All tools, templates and documents being improved and updated
- Improved functionality, including search function and navigation
- Improved page composition and document access
- Inclusion of best practice construction and sustainability guidance
- Inclusion of best practice guidance on the public procurement of innovation
- Improved dynamic purchasing system guidance
- Refresh old contract management guidance across all routes
- Guidance videos
- Guidance presentations
- Case studies
A phased approach
In response to the survey findings, an improvement exercise has been planned for 2019-20, which will be delivered in a phased approach. Further updates on progress will be issued in line with each phase.
Thank you to all that completed the Procurement Journey survey – your feedback is invaluable.
If you have any questions about the survey or the Procurement Journey, please contact us.