Public Procurement and Property
One month to go: register now for Meet the Buyer 2023
Would your business or enterprise like to work with the public sector?
An enviable array of speakers is lined up for Scotland’s flagship event that features public sector contracts, private sector supply chain engagement and Community Wealth Building opportunities at Meet the Buyer 2023, set to take place in Edinburgh on 17 May.
Organised by the Supplier Development Programme, Meet the Buyer is officially supported by the Scottish Government, alongside headline partners Scotland Excel and the UK Department for Transport and headline sponsor Elcom.
Speakers at Meet the Buyer want to open up discussion on emerging topics such as innovation in Scotland’s approach to low carbon and hydrogen, the circular economy in Scotland’s health boards, upcoming framework opportunities from Scotland Excel, Open Data and how it is used in procurement and beyond from Scottish Government and Elcom, and encourage wider participation from businesses of all sizes in public sector bidding and supply chain engagement. Be sure to get your questions ready!
In addition to a Ministerial address, there will be speakers from The City of Edinburgh Council, Scotland Excel, and the Supplier Development Programme. Additionally, confirmed speakers on the Power of Procurement stage include:
- Wendy Rayner, Head of NHS Circular Economy Programme: Directorate for Health Finance, Corporate Governance & Value
- Chris Sanderson MCIPS (Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply), Head of Procurement, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
- Jamie Robinson, Hydrogen Specialist, Scottish Enterprise Low Carbon Transition Team
- Julie Connelly, Senior eCommerce Specialist; and Lawrie Willcox, Procurement Capability Development Manager, Scottish Government
- Grant Smith, Chief Operating Officer, Elcom
- Laura Robertson, Procurement of Innovation Coordinator; and Gary Robinson, Procurement Innovation Lead, Scotland Innovates
Suppliers interested in procurement opportunities at the UK level will be able to network with High Speed 2 Ltd, Network Rail, National Highways and the Crown Commercial Service, as well as learn more about the UK Department for Transport Electric Vehicle Chargepoint Grants and how to do business with the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
On the UK Department for Transport stage, speakers include:
- Ann McChesney, Deputy Director Assurance and Supply Chain Management, UK Department for Transport
- Paul Rodgers, Department for Transport Commercial Director
- Martin Traynor OBE, Cabinet Office SME Crown Representative
- Damien Robertson, Deputy Director Commercial Strategy, Policy and Capability, Department for Transport
- Paul Rodgers, Department for Transport Commercial Director; Martin Traynor OBE, Cabinet Office SME Crown Representative and Damien Robertson, Deputy Director for Commercial Strategy
More than 2,000 suppliers are expected on the day. Don’t wait until the last minute – register your free place at the largest free procurement event in Scotland: Meet the Buyer 2023 – Event Registration!
*Please note: all speakers and topics are subject to change.
For further information on public procurement in Scotland please visit gov.scot/procurement
Follow us online: