Vacancy – Head of Licensing Operations Team (closing date 1 March 2018)
We are currently seeking applications for a Head of Licensing Operations Team within the Marine Scotland based in Aberdeen. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments. This is a full time vacancy, however applications from people wishing to work an alternative working pattern will be considered. Based in Aberdeen, although travel around Scotland, including to remote locations where public transport may not be available, will be expected.
Marine Scotland is looking for an experienced leader who will ensure the team is well placed to meet the current and emerging priorities.
The Licensing Operations Team in Marine Scotland provides a ‘one-stop shop’ for marine licences and consents in Scottish Waters. The successful post holder will be responsible for leading and directing a team of approximately 35 licensing, consenting and support staff. You will provide a high quality service to both Ministers and stakeholders in a dynamic fast paced and evolving environment. You will make a key contribution to the achievement of the 2020 National target relating to renewable energy generation. Working in a high pressure/profile environment dealing with a cross section of stakeholders including senior Government officials, Industry Leaders, Ministers and the media, this role is key in delivering Marine Scotland’s marine licensing and consenting output in accordance with published targets and associated legislation. You will also have responsibility for the operational response to Offshore Oil and Gas and maritime incidents.
A minimum of a good honours degree or equivalent in science, engineering, planning or law but in exceptional circumstances relevant and specific experience may be considered. Preference will be given to applicants who hold a professional qualifications, such as IEMA or similar. Other qualifications equivalent to these may also be acceptable, if you are in any doubt please contact to discuss.
1. Proven senior professional leadership skills in delivering results in high profile and fast paced environments, motivating a team of specialist and administrative staff to high standards of delivery.
2. Excellent programme and project management skills aligned to experience of working within planning and consenting frameworks.
3. Experience of working with Ministers, senior leaders and stakeholders, handling politically sensitive issues and providing advice and direction on the interpretation of international, UK and Scottish legislation and guidance.
4. Experience of balancing a number of competing agendas sensitively including resolving conflict between partners drawing on the expertise of specialist staff as appropriate.
For further information on this vacancy please download and review the “Person Specification and Further Information for Job Applicants” which you will find below.
To apply, you must fully complete and submit an online application via this website before the closing date. To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Helena Gray on 0131 244 6014 or at Helena.firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience any difficulties accessing our website or completing the online application form, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0131 244 5175 or via email@example.com.
- Person Specification and Further Information for Job Applicants
- Apply for this Job
- More information about Marine Scotland