Update to angling restrictions
Restrictions on angling have been eased as Scotland moves through Phase 3 of the routemap out of lockdown.
With the five mile travel distance limit for leisure now lifted and holiday accommodation able to re-open, people can now return to fishing across Scotland.
Fisheries Management Scotland has updated its advice to ensure a safe environment for anglers and staff.
Further advice on angling as well as competitive angling, the resumption of coaching and instructing in angling, and guidance for charter boat fishing has been produced by Angling Scotland.
Individuals should continue to follow the five principles behind the Scottish Government’s FACTS campaign:
- F – Face coverings
- A – Avoid public places
- C – Clean your hands regularly
- T – Two metre distances
- S – Self isolate and book a test if you have symptoms
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): staying at home and away from others (physical distancing)
- Angling Scotland guidance
- Fisheries Management Scotland guidance
- Information about Phase 3 of the routemap out of lockdown