Planning and Architecture
Upcoming Planning & Architecture News
From 24th March there are restrictions on communication until after May 5, Scottish Parliament Election http://ow.ly/Y4l9R
Here are some of our upcoming changes and projects during this pre-election period.
- We are seeking comments on our Draft Planning Delivery Advice: Housing and Infrastructure by March 31, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org. This draft advice has been issued in order to allow for further discussion and comment from all those with an interest in housing and infrastructure. PAN 2/2010: Affordable Housing and Housing Land Audits remains in place until the draft advice has been finalised.
- Circular 1/2012 Guidance on Householder Permitted Development Rights will be available from 24 March 2016 to reflect changes in domestic permitted development rights for air source heat pumps
- The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Scotland) Amendment Order 2016 will be available shortly.
- Revised circular 2/2003 on safeguarding has been published today. It includes a new Direction which reflects changes primarily pertaining to Meteorological Technical Sites.
- Draft Advice on Net Economic Benefit and Planning was published on 22 March 2016. The advice has been published in draft form to allow an opportunity for stakeholders to consider and to offer comments. Please submit any comments to Chief.Planner@gov.scot by Friday 20th May 2016.
- 6th Annual report on the Operation of Section 72 of the Climate Change (Scotland) Act 2009 was laid before the Scottish Parliament on 22nd March and published today.
- Review of Planning – KMA report published. The report can be viewed on the review of planning webpage.
- Enterprise areas Mid-point Evaluation flags success of Planning Protocol: A review of Enterprise areas in Scotland by Highlands and Islands Enterprise has found that the measures to streamline planning procedures within Enterprise Areas have been successful and we would like to congratulate those planning authorities hosting enterprise areas on this achievement
Forums – Atlantic Quay, Glasgow
SEA/HRA forum is taking place on 28th April 2016 #SEAHRASForum.
Development Plan Forum 2016 is taking place on 29th April #DPForum2016
APD / SEA consultation. In addition to the recently launched consultation on a replacement to Air Passenger Duty, consultation has also launched on the SEA Screening and Scoping report. Views and submissions are welcomed through the consultation page or on the online discussion forum.
SAQP Awards are now open for entries.
This year we’re delighted to announce that the SAQP has been streamlined and enhanced with the introduction of two new exciting Awards. One for Personal Achievement in Planning and the other, People’s choice Award. We look forward to seeing your entries.
Tags: ag planning architecture, Development Management, development planning, independent planning review scotland, Placemaking, planning architecture blog, SAQP, Scot gov planning, scotitsh government, scottish government planning review