Publication of Public Procurement Priorities 2021-22
The Public Procurement Group (PPG) sets the strategic vision and direction for public procurement in Scotland. The group is chaired by Nick Ford, Director of the Scottish Procurement and Property Directorate (SPPD). Meeting formally 4 times per year, the group also maintains an ongoing dialogue to ensure that the collective spending power of the public sector is used to deliver world class, value adding collaborative procurement services, while enabling sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
Following consultation across the public sector and with representatives from business and the third sector, the PPG has – for the first time – published a set of seven priorities for all public procurement leaders.
The headlines of the priorities include:
- Leadership and Visibility
- Sustainable Economic Recovery
- Supply Chain Resilience (public sector)
- Maximise impact of the sustainable duty (including post EU-exit implications)
- Climate emergency (including carbon reduction and a circular economy)
- Achieving professional excellence (against national policy and standards)
- Develop our use of systems to exploit sustainable outcomes and support reporting
In this short video, SPPD Director, Nick Ford, gives a welcome introduction to the new set of shared priorities for the Scottish Public Procurement community.
Please forward any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Scottish Procurement on Twitter @ScotProcurement
Follow Scottish Procurement on LinkedIn
Watch more Scottish Procurement videos on Vimeo