European Structural and Investment Funds
CASE STUDY: Leanne – Work EastRen (European Social Fund)
Work EastRen employability services is a project designed to help people aged 16+ in East Renfrewshire to get ready for, find and keep work. It is supported with £1.3 million of allocated grant from the European Social Fund (ESF).
Work EastRen supports people like Leanne. Leanne hadn’t worked for ten years before she attended Work EastRen’s Specialise in Security training course in September 2018.
The course helped Leanne to develop her personal and employability skills, and at the end of it she gained an SIA licence, a recognised industry qualification.
After the course, Leanne started a new job as a security guard in a retail store. The support provided by Work EastRen has helped her to feel more confident about having the right skills to do the job well.
To read the full details of Leanne’s case and others supported by Work EastRen, visit: www.workeastren.co.uk/case-studies
- Operation name: Work EastRen Employability Services
- ESF contribution: £1,332,725
- Total expenditure: £2,921,845
- Lead Partner: East Renfrewshire Council
- Thematic Objective: 8. Promoting sustainable and quality employment and supporting labour mobility
- Dates: 11/12/2015 – 31/12/2022
- Programme: European Social Fund 2014-2020