European Structural and Investment Funds
Round-up of 2022 Autumn Lead Partner Event – Wednesday 30 November
On Wednesday 30 November, approximately 70 stakeholders of the 2014-20 European Social Fund (ESF) and European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) programmes attended the 2022 Autumn Lead Partner Event at the Clayton Hotel in Glasgow.
Head of Managing Authority (MA) Hilary Pearce opened the event by welcoming everyone to the first in-person stakeholder event held since the COVID-19 pandemic. The agenda featured a mixture of presentations from the MA, the Audit Authority and stakeholders, including:
- a report on the achievements of the ESF-supported Apprenticeships programme by Skills Development Scotland
- a technical presentation on recent updates and tips related to EUMIS
- an update on upcoming outputs and results guidance
- an explainer on internal changes made by the MA to make the claims process more efficient
- a report on the ERDF-supported ‘Smart Canal’ project in north Glasgow by ‘Scotland’s 8th City – the Smart City’ programme
- a presentation and discussion about the 2014-20 programmes’ closure process
- a guest presentation from the Tannahill Centre on their achievements thanks to ESF and ERDF support
A shorter version of the agenda was delivered virtually on Wednesday 14 December for any stakeholder who was unable to attend the in-person event due to travel, budget or diary issues.
If you would like a copy of the slides, please email: europeanstructuralfunds AT gov DOT scot.
Feedback survey results
32 responded to the feedback survey:
- 11 rated the event as ‘very good’, 20 ‘ good’ and 1 ‘fair’ (nobody selected ‘poor’)
- Attendees appreciated the rare opportunity to meet each other in person, the guest presentations and the chance to ask questions and discuss issues with the programmes
- Suggested improvements included more time in the agenda to discussion and better room layout/catering options
- Suggested topics at future events included best practice for the claims process, guest presentations and good news stories
The MA would like to thank everyone for attending the Autumn Lead Partner Event, especially those who delivered guest presentations.