Open Government Partnership
Developing open government – all across Scotland
Update on action plan development this summer
A number of small events have been held to crowdsource ideas for Scotland’s second Open Government Action Plan, and we’ve got more lined up to continue this engagement. We’re trying to reach out to different networks and people across Scotland in summer 2018.
We need to hear your expertise and your experience.
We are working with civil society and a number of local organisations to schedule a series of larger events for this August: everyone is welcome so please do share!
Let us know you’re coming along by registering (links below):
- Dundee – Thursday 9th August, 1-3.30pm (includes lunch and teas/coffee) Register here
- Glasgow – Monday 13th August, 1-3.30pm (includes lunch and teas/coffee) Register here
- Inverness – Wednesday 15th August, 1-3.30pm (includes lunch and teas/coffee) Register here
- Edinburgh – Thursday 16th August, 1-3.30pm (includes lunch and teas/coffee) Register here
COSLA (Council of Scottish Local Authorities) hosted event on open government and participatory budgeting
- Edinburgh – Tuesday 21st August, 9.30am arrivals, event 10am-1pm Register here (includes lunch and teas/coffee)
Final event: a bigger event (40-60 people) to try to bring together all the ideas from across Scotland, and tryt to identify the key priorities for shaping the committments to go into the final Action Plan.
If you’d like to run a session or host a conversation please feel free. We’re also more than happy to come to speak to you or your group in person. We recently attended Inclusion Scotland’s first ever Highland Conference. We’d be delighted to come along to existing events or conferences you’re hosting to hear about your priorities or your ideas/suggestions, so please do get in touch if you have any suggestions.
All event venues are accessible and we will try to make any reasonable adjustments or requirements to make it possible for you to take part.
What we can offer:
- We will also have a Personal Assistant on hand for your comfort.
- Accessible materials can be provided in large print, Easy Read or various colours as needed, we can send materials in advance and can provide print outs of presentations on the day.
- We may be able to provide BSL interpretors, palen typists and electronic notetakers if required.
- It may be possible for us to cover reasonable travel costs within the event city area such as taxis which we could book and pay for.
If you would like any of these requirements or adjustments, please get in touch with us at least a week before the event for us to try to meet these. We can try to provide these if requested and cannot gurantee. Unfortunately if we’re not made aware of any requirements before the events, they will not be provided on the day.
Please get in touch to chat about how we can make these events easier for you to attend by emailing us at email@example.com or Niamh on 07824596600 (also available on the day if you’re running late or can’t find the venue).
Submit your ideas for opengov
You can still have your say even if you’re unable to attend one of our events.
Head over to ideas.gov.scot/open-government to browse and comment on those ideas already suggested and submit your own. Whether it’s related to open data, civic engagement, access to information, budget transparency or something completely different, we need your ideas to shape Scotland’s second Open Government Action Plan.