Planning and Architecture
Compulsory Purchase Order – National Assembly
When: 12 December 2017, 09:00 – 16:00
Where: Sheraton Hotel, Edinburgh
09:15 – Registration and Coffee
10:00 – Assembly Opens – Welcome – John McNairney, Scottish Government Chief Planner
10:25 – Questions and Answer Session – Kevin Stewart, Minister for Local Government & Housing
10:40 – Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) in Practice Workshops (Session 1). Delegates each choose 3 workshops from the 9 on offer.
- Mill Street, Perth – Proactive Land Assembly for Public Realm Improvement – Debbie Robertson, Solicitor, Perth & Kinross Council
- A guide to promoting successful CPOs – for schools, roads and railway stations – Rob McIntosh, and Chris de Villiers, Legal Services, Aberdeenshire Council
- Compulsory Purchase for Abandoned Houses – Douglas Blyth, Team Leader, Legal Services, Falkirk Council
- CPOs – The Examination Process David Henderson, Head of Performance and Administration – Scott Ferrie, Assistant Chief Reporter, Directorate for Planning & Environmental Appeals, Scottish Government
- Gleneagles Station Link Road – Project Management and Delivery – Karen Hamilton, Partner, Brodies Solicitors and the Compulsory Purchase Association in Scotland
- How to accurately estimate likely compensation due to claimants – Keith Petrie & Archie Rintoul, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors in Scotland
- The Highland Experience – Link Roads and Listed Buildings – Malcolm Macleod, Head of Planning & Environment, Highland Council
- Using CPO to deliver area regeneration and affordable housing in the Sighthill area of Glasgow – Christine McInnes, Acting Legal Manager, Glasgow City Council
- Engaging and Communicating with Landowners – Karen Gribben, Senior Legal Counsel, Network Rail Scotland
11:40 – Coffee Break
12:10 – CPO in Practice Workshops (Session 2).
13:10 – Lunch
14:10 – CPO in Practice Workshops (Session 3).
15:10 – Supporting You – What can you expect from the Scottish Government? – Neil Langhorn, Planning and Architecture Division
15:30 – Questions and Final Thoughts
15:45 – Event Close