Award of new Print and Associated Services framework agreement
The recent procurement exercise for the relet of the Print and Associated Services framework has now been awarded.
This collaborative framework went live on 1 April 2019 for an initial two year period, with options to extend for a further two years, until 31 March 2023.
Good for society
A total of 14 suppliers were appointed to the framework agreement. All of these suppliers are SMEs and 11 of them are Scottish SMEs.
All framework contractors were asked to provide details of their proposals to help us meet Scottish Government’s Sustainability Development and Corporate Social Responsibility policies. The responses proposed a number of different benefits including:
• Use of Forest Stewardship Council accredited paper and recycled paper
• Recycle waste disposal policies
• Reduced use of packaging by bulk packing
• Use of non-mineral oil based inks
• Working and engaging with organisations such as Resource Efficient Scotland and Zero Waste Scotland to determine best practice
• Three suppliers are Living Wage Scotland accredited
• Modern Apprenticeship schemes
• Upskilling existing staff (NVQs)
• Supporting local and national charities
• Supporting local communities, for example, schools, sports teams
• Work experience opportunities
• Flexible working (family friendly) polices in operation
• Better representation of all genders in the workplace
Framework launch events will be held sometime in the next few months. Further details on these will be available soon.
Please share this information with any interested parties and potential framework users within your organisation or sector.