Public Procurement and Property
Cloud Services framework launched
We are delighted to launch our new national agreement for the provision of cloud services. It has a forecast value of £30 million, is a multi-supplier agreement and is open to all Scottish public sector organisations including the third sector.
The framework supports and enables a number of digital initiatives, specifically:
- Scotland’s Digital Strategy – Realising Scotland’s full potential in a digital world, and
- Data Hosting and Data Centre Strategy for the Scottish Public Sector
What’s in scope?
• Public cloud (including access to hyper-scale public cloud)
• Private cloud
• Hybrid cloud
• Community cloud
• Cloud transition services
• Easy to use – call-off directly or via mini competition
• Improves access to public sector contracts – 50% of suppliers are SMEs
• Majority of suppliers host their cloud services in Scotland
• Environmentally friendly. All suppliers have ISO 27001:2013 and deliver cloud services with a PUE rating below 1.6
• Built in cyber security. All suppliers have third party cyber security accreditation
• Value for money – estimated savings between 15-20%. Catalogue pricing is capped over the duration of the framework
• All suppliers support our Fair Work initiatives including paying above the Real Living Wage
The Cloud Services framework is available to use immediately. For further information, including a link to the OJEU notice, please see our contracts register or contact Stuart Brown (Tel: 0141 242 5626).