Public Procurement and Property
Internet of Things (IoT) – Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) extended
March 14, 2023 by Melissa Reilly No Comments | Category Dynamic Purchasing System, Internet of Things, Procurement news
We are pleased to confirm that the Internet of Things (IoT) – Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) has been extended until 20 September 2024.
The DPS offers the Scottish public sector a route to market for IoT technologies and services. Due to the wide and diverse nature of IoT, it isn’t possible to list all the types of technologies and services envisaged but some examples include:
- Device Management – Software that enables manual and automated tasks to create, provision, configure, troubleshoot and manage fleets of IoT devices and gateways remotely, in bulk or individually, and securely; Integration – Software, data, tools and technologies which will accomplish IoT related business functions within an organisation;
- Data Management – Including ingesting IoT endpoint and edge device data, storing data from edge to enterprise platforms and providing data accessibility, tracking lineage and flow of data and enforcing data and analytics governance policies;
- Analytics – Including processing of data streams to provide insights into asset state by monitoring use, providing indicators, tracking patterns and optimising asset use; Subscription and Connectivity Management – Including subscription lifecycle management, stand-alone (on-demand) connectivity, interoperability and connectivity performance management;
- Application enablement and management – Including software that enables business applications in any deployment model to analyse data and accomplish IoT-related business functions;
- Security – Including software, devices, tools and practices facilitated to audit and ensure compliance, as well as to establish and execute preventive, detective and corrective controls and actions to ensure privacy and the security of data across an IoT solution;
- IoT related hardware, e.g. sensors, gateways, and on-premise infrastructure etc;
- IoT enablement, advice and implementation services etc.
There are a wide range of suppliers on the DPS and the current supplier list can be found on our website. Those suppliers that are already on the DPS do not need to do anything and will remain on the DPS whilst other suppliers are able to apply to join until expiry of the DPS.
Further information on the DPS can be found on our website. Please contact David Box (07919 014604) or Lisa Pittman (0141 242 5628) for further information.
For further information on public procurement in Scotland please visit www.gov.scot/procurement
Please email enquiries to email@example.com
Follow us online:
Tags: DPS, Dynamic Purchasing System, Internet of Things
Leave a comment