European Structural and Investment Funds
Round-up of 2022 Spring Lead Partner Event – Wednesday 11 May
On Wednesday 11 May, the Managing Authority (MA) held an online event for Lead Partners of the 2014-20 European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) Programmes. Almost 100 stakeholders listened to presentations about efforts to improve the financial performance of the programmes from the MA and members of the Programme Monitoring Committee (PMC).
Head of MA Hilary Pearce opened the event by reminding attendees of the achievements of the programmes so far and the upcoming challenges as we approach the closure period. Ryan Gunn, Governance and Stakeholder Team Leader, then presented attendees with the stark financial picture of the 2014-20 Programmes and the need for all parties to work together to improve performance. Next came Lead Partner representatives from the PMC Working Group who gave an update on the proposals that the group have implemented to improve the rate of claim submission and payment.
After a short break, Head of Performance and Governance Susan Tamburrini provided attendees with a summary of the claims process and the various checks that are required before they can be approved. Next was a refresher session on tips and FAQs for our online claim system EUMIS, and the final session was an update on the closure process of the 2014-20 programmes.
If you would like to view the slides, please request a copy by emailing EuropeanStructuralFunds AT gov DOT scot.
Feedback survey results
29 attendees responded to the feedback survey:
- 70% rated the agenda design, speakers and time/date of the event as ‘good’ or ‘very good’.
- They appreciated the honest approach to the event, the opportunity for Lead Partners to discuss weaknesses/challenges of programmes, and the practical sessions on EUMIS and closure.
- They felt it could have been improved with more time for questions, more content from Lead Partners and more evidence of practical steps the MA is taking to improve the programme.
- At future events they would like information on replacement funding, good practice and follow-up on issues identified during the meeting.
- 50% rated the event as very good, 20% good, 25% fair and 5% poor.
We would like to thank all attendees, especially our colleagues from the European Commission who attended as observers. We look forward to holding another Lead Partner event later this year in person.