Public Procurement and Property
Prior Information Notice (PIN) issued for Network Enablement Services
The scope of the new collaborative arrangement is still being developed, however the broad scope is expected to focus on the provision of vendor neutral technical network advice, support with network estates and the resulting enablement of these network services. Vendor neutral technical advice will include areas such as:
- network security
- suggestions for improved energy consumption and efficiency across an organisation’s network
- support of internet of things (IoT) network integration
- support of uinified communications (UC) network integration
- audit and analysis of network services
- network infrastructure project management
- network upgrades
- support in procurement of network services
- migration of existing network services
- network solution design
- implementation of new network services
There is potential to have a single or, if required, a multi lot arrangement. We think the framework could potentially be replaced with a Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS).
The PIN has been issued to provide advance notice to the market and to encourage suppliers to provide their views on the potential scope of the DPS.
Scottish Procurement expect to issue the full OJEU procurement for Network Enablement Services in September 2018.
Volunteers are currently being sought for members of the Network Enablement Services User Intelligence Group and it would be appreciated if any interest could be registered by close of business on 13 July 2018 by email to email@example.com.