Public Procurement and Property
Results of the Vision Survey for the Public Procurement Strategy for Scotland
The Plan for the Future was created by the Public Procurement Group (PPG) and is made up of a number of workstreams. One of which is developing a Public Procurement Strategy for Scotland. This workstream is made up of representatives from the difference sectors, working together to develop a strategy to belong to the whole of Public Sector Procurement. The strategy will be owned by the PPG once it is published.
The working group developing the Strategy sent out a survey for Public Procurement Professionals to seek their views and opinions to help shape the vision. While there was an option not to identify the organisation or sector that the responder worked for, from those that did we can see that there was feedback provided from across all of the sectors.
Views and opinions were sought on four different vision statements. Each used different phrases and focus to allow an understanding of what did, and what did not resonate with Public Procurement Professionals across the sectors. The last question of the survey asked for the proposed statements to be arranged in order of preference.
Initial analysis noted some clear common themes from the feedback.
- The use of words such as driving and investing were not popular due to the meanings of the words,
- Consideration should be given to the words used to ensure that there are not different meanings in different sectors. There may be benefit to defining terms used within the strategy to ensure clarity,
- There was a preference to avoid being too general,
- A number of comments said that people wanted to see the word Procurement in the vision so that it is clear that the focus are influence was in a Procurement context,
- The use of any symbols such as the / was picked up as not appropriate,
- The use of key themes that people liked were: Green, Inclusive, Wellbeing, collaboration, sustainable economy,
- Consideration should be given to showing the golden thread from the National Performance Framework to the vision and the strategy, and further. This could help show the position and context of this being a Procurement vision and strategy.
Further analysis and consideration is being undertaken by the working group to take into account the comments received. The analysis and proposals have been shared with PPG and their input will help shape the final vision statement.
The Working group would like to take this opportunity to thank all of those that responded to the survey, as the all feedback is being considered and will help shape the vision of the Public Procurement Strategy for Scotland.
For further information on public procurement in Scotland please visit www.gov.scot/procurement
Please email enquiries to email@example.com
Follow us online:
Tags: Plan for the Future