Discover what’s next for Scotland’s digital identity service
Blog by Joseph Walton, Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Manager, Digital Directorate.
The aim of the digital identity service is to improve people’s access to public services by providing them a safe, reusable and easy way to prove who they are or that they are eligible for a public service.
This year we’ve been building the core of the digital identity service. Next year we will be further developing the service and adding features and to support users.
We are delivering:
- ‘Secure sign on’ to make accessing online public services easier and simpler, using one account to securely log in to a variety of services.
- ‘Identity verification’ for when a public service needs to confirm identity or other personal information.
- A personal and secure ‘attribute locker’, where people can choose to save verified personal information, to use again when applying for other public services
We are hosting an online event on 16 November at 14:00 to 16:00, open to all. We’d like to invite you to join us for an update on progress, as we prepare for the early beta of the digital identity service and to hear what’s planned for 2023 and beyond.
Registration for ‘A digital identity service for Scotland’ is now open. You can register for the event here.
Join us to hear from the digital identity programme team about:
- The names and features of the service
- How we are developing an ethical and inclusive service, and designing this with user insight
- How we are ensuring security and privacy by default
- A demonstration of the secure sign on and identity verification features
- A look towards the features we are working on to support users
- Plans for the attribute locker, a private and secure place where people can choose to save verified personal information, so that they can use it again when applying for other public services.
There will be an opportunity to pose questions to the digital identity programme team. During the registration process, you are welcome to ask questions in advance.
We look forward to welcoming you on 16 November.
If you have questions about the event, you can get in touch with the digital identity team by contacting: email@example.com