Marine Scotland Science publications for August/September
Marine Scotland Science, as a core Scottish Government (SG) Division, is working to support SG’s overall COVID-19 response. It also continues to sustain critical marine science delivery and has over the last couple of months produced the following notable publications:
- Malcolm, I.A., Millidine, K.J., Jackson, F.L., Glover, R.S. and Fryer, R.J. 2020. The National Electrofishing Programme for Scotland (NEPS) 2019. Scottish Marine and Freshwater Science, Vol 11, No 9, 56pp. DOI: 10.7489/12321-1.
The National Electrofishing Programme for Scotland (NEPS) 2019 link
- Mesquita, C., Dobby, H., Pierce, G.J., Jones, C.S. & Fernandes, P.G. 2020. Abundance and spatial distribution of brown crab (Cancer pagurus) from fishery-independent dredge and trawl surveys in the North Sea. ICES Journal of Marine Science, fsaa105. DOI: 10.1093/icesjms/fsaa105
Abundance and spatial distribution of brown crab … link
- Pearce, B. & Kimber, J. 2020. The status of Sabellaria spinulosa reef off the Moray Firth and Aberdeenshire coasts and guidance for conservation of the species off the Scottish east coast. Scottish Marine and Freshwater Science Reports, Vol 11, No 17, 100pp. DOI: 10.7489/12336-1.
The status of Sabellaria spinulosa reef off … link
- Priede, I.G., Burgass, R.W., Mandalakis, M., Spyros, A., Gikas, P., Burns, F. & Drewery, J. 2020. Poster title – ‘Floating in the deep’ – The effects of pressure and temperature on buoyancy of liver oils of deep-sea sharks and chimaeras.
Poster: Floating in the deep – The effects of pressure … link
- Todd, C.D., Hanson, N.N., Boehme, L., Revie, C.W. & Marques, A.R. 2020. Variation in post-smolt growth pattern of wild one sea-winter salmon (Salmo salar L.), and its linkage to surface warming in the eastern North Atlantic Ocean. Journal of Fish Biology. DOI: 10.1111/jfb.14552.
Variation in post-smolt growth pattern of wild one … link
- van Geel, N.C.F., Merchant, N.D., Culloch, R.M., Edwards, E.W.J., Davies, I.M., O’Hara Murray, R.B. & Brookes, K.L. 2020. Exclusion of tidal influence on ambient sound measurements. The Journal of the Acoustic Society of America, 148(2), 701-712.
Exclusion of tidal influence on ambient sound measurements link
- Deep-Sea Biology Society
- ICES Journal of Marine Science
- Journal of Fish Biology
- Scottish Marine and Freshwater Science Reports
- The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America
Tags: Aberdeenshire coasts, brown crab, chimaeras, deep-sea sharks, dredge surveys, growth pattern, Marine Scotland Science publications, Moray Firth, MSS publications, NEPs, Sabellaria spinulosa, sea-winter salmon, surface warming, tidal influence, trawl surveys