Digital Technology Services Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) – delivering economic benefits
June 30, 2020 by Lorraine Carlyle No Comments | Category buyers, cyber security, digital technology products and services, Dynamic Purchasing System, ICT, Procurement news, Scottish Procurement, SMEs, suppliers
The Digital Technology Services DPS has been operating for over a year and it’s been a busy but successful year.
There are approximately 270 suppliers on the DPS and SMEs make up almost 80% of that number and impressively SMEs have secured over 70% of the call-off contract spend.
A recent survey found that over 81% of suppliers realised the DPS experience is better than other procurement routes.
The DPS is split into three lots:
- Digital projects
- Digital resources
- Cyber resilience
- access to a wide range of digital technology suppliers
- easy access for suppliers, encouraging competition and SME participation
- suppliers can join the DPS at any time, provided they meet the selection criteria
- completely electronic process
- streamlined procurement process