Public Procurement and Property
Suppliers to Scottish public sector honoured at national awards ceremony
More than 300 people gathered at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Glasgow on Thursday 20 February to recognise excellence and innovation by suppliers to the Scottish public sector.
The biennial Scotland Excel Supplier Excellence Awards are a glittering celebration of supplier achievement and this year’s event was no exception. Fourteen companies collected awards across categories ranging from ‘customer service’ and ‘environmental practices’ to ‘value for money’ and ‘workforce development’.
Scotland Excel’s Director, Julie Welsh said “As the national Centre of Expertise for local government, we are delighted to recognise the invaluable role played by businesses in delivering public services and the achievements of these 14 companies in particular.”
“The winners are making a real difference to communities through their work with local authorities. This year, half of those honoured are small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) showing that size is no barrier to success in public procurement.”
Our host for the evening was Scottish broadcaster Dougie Vipond who added “It was an absolute pleasure to host the Scotland Excel Supplier Excellence Awards again in 2020. The roll-call of suppliers who were honoured only serves to reinforce the important work that private and third sector companies do in the provision of public services.”
The Supplier Excellence Awards is the only awards programme to recognise the achievements of public sector suppliers.
Scotland Excel Supplier Excellence Awards 2020 winners
• Community Benefits, SME – The Furnishing Service (South Lanarkshire)
• Community Benefits, Large company – Muller (East Kilbride)
• Customer Service, SME – The Furnishing Service (South Lanarkshire)
• Customer Service, Large company – ACL Hire Ltd (Avis Budget Group) (West Lothian)
• Environmental Practices, SME – Claremont Office Furniture (Glasgow)
• Environmental Practices, Large company – Brakes (Ashford)
• Innovation – Alliance Scotland (Glasgow)
• Partnership Working, SME – CMS Windows (Cumbernauld)
• Partnership Working, Large company – Muller (East Kilbride)
• Small Business & Third Sector – Community Resources Network (Stirling)
• Value for Money, SME – Swiis Foster Care (Fife)
• Value for Money, Large company – Dingbro Ltd (Aberdeen)
• Workforce Development, SME – Swiis Foster Care (Fife)
• Workforce Development, Large company – Kibble (Paisley)
Everwarm, Hey Girls CIC and Scotland’s Bravest Manufacturing Company were highly commended.
For more information on the Supplier Excellence Awards and each of the winners visit our website.
Photos from the awards can viewed on the website gallery.