Coronavirus (COVID-19): Marine and Fisheries Guidance
To make sure that you can access the funding, guidance and assistance you need in relation to coronavirus (COVID-19) we have pulled together some of the available support from Marine Scotland and most pertinent announcements on Marine and Fisheries.
We will be continuing to keep this updated and under review.
Marine and Fisheries
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): fishing industry support Sea Fisheries Intervention Fund set up to provide emergency hardship support for fishing vessels 12m and under in length (factsheet 25 March 2020).
- Coronavirus support for seafood fishing industry Extra payments to help sector through coronavirus outbreak (news release 25 March 2020).
- Although our Fishery Offices are closed you can still reach them via email. A list of all Fishery Offices can be found here (tweet 30 March 2020).
- Seafood processing fund £10 million assistance for processing businesses during COVID-19 pressures (news release 3 April 2020).
- COVID-19 Letter of Support for the Aquaculture Industry from Cabinet Secretary for the Rural Economy and Tourism Fergus Ewing MSP (blog post 8 April 2020).
- UK Fisheries Monitoring Centre – Temporary Change of Industry Telephone Number – please use 0131 244 2286 (factsheet 10 April 2020).
- Support for Aquaculture – shellfish growing and trout farming (news release 15 April 2020).
- Support for Scottish Seafood Industry worth £22.5 million – More than 1,000 businesses now eligible for help (news release 17 April 2020).
- Funding to help aquaculture businesses affected by COVID-19 – The grants from the European Maritime Fisheries Fund (EMFF) to 11 aquaculture businesses include nearly £100,000 (news release 16 May 2020).
- Angling restrictions eased – Angling will be permitted from Friday 29 May as part of phase 1 of the easing of lockdown restrictions (blog post 29 May 2020).
- Support for seafood industry – More than £5 million provided to processors (news release 3 June 2020).
Information for Business
- Skills matching service to help rural business Workers connected to farming and animal welfare sector (news release 9 April 2020).
- People seeking work can find out about jobs in response to the #COVID–19 pandemic using a new online service from @skillsdevscot Visit the My World of Work Job Hub (tweet 9 April 2020).
- Support for Coastal Businesses Scottish Crown Estate revenue available for COVID-19 pressures (news release 11 April 2020).
- Social Distancing for Businesses Social distancing guidance for businesses in Scotland (news release 4 April 2020).
Other Useful Information
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): shielding support and contacts Details of shielding support for vulnerable people to arrange for food and medicine deliveries, and other support services (news release 13 April 2020).
- Support for those at high COVID-19 risk National helpline established for those who do not have family or community support (news release 13 April 2020).
- And for those who are trying to keep their children amused there is the offer of some light relief on our blog with some marine themed fun to be had in the form of word searches, colouring pages, Lego activities and lots more – you can find the blog post here.
- NHS Inform’s coronavirus webpage is the fastest way for people to get the latest health advice and information.
- If you need a sick note due to coronavirus, don’t contact your GP or NHS 24. You can download an isolation note directly from NHS Inform here.
- A free helpline can give advice if you do not have symptoms, but are looking for general advice: 0800 028 2816.
- Overseas visitors to Scotland, regardless of their residency status, are exempt from NHS charges for both the diagnosis and treatment of coronavirus (COVID-19). Further information on healthcare for overseas visitors can be found here.
- Advice for parents can be found on the ParentClub website.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance for businesses on offering support Details of a single point for contact to help prioritise offers from businesses to help tackle the coronavirus (COVID-19) emergency. (Advice and guidance publication 24 March 2020)
- Advice for businesses and their employees is available here.
- There is an HMRC helpline for tax issues at 0800 015 9559.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance: Guidance about coronavirus (COVID-19), including business, healthcare, education and housing.
- Regular updates and testing figures are issued daily on the Scottish Government Twitter page.
- New guidance has been published on access to COVID-19 testing in Scotland. This is to allow key workers who are in Critical National Infrastructure posts, and cannot work from home, who are symptomatic (or those who share a household with a symptomatic person) to access a test for COVID-19.